2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Monday, April 5, 2010

Going back to church...

How cliche was it of me yesterday to go back to church on Easter Sunday after not going for years. I've been wanting to get back into church for sometime now but have just made excuses. Last week when my dad put the invite out there again to join him in his parish for Easter Mass. This time... I didn't make excuses... I said YES!
I said yes, knowing my husband couldn't come with me. Knowing that it meant we would be apart for most of Easter.

I have to be honest and say that I was very nervous. Nervous I wouldn't remember to say "Peace be with you" or "Amen" at the right times. But once I stepped in and sat down and looked at all the wonderful Easter outfits on the kids... it felt like home! I listened very carefully to the words spoken. I realized I hadn't been giving god enough credit for everything he has given me.. not what has been taken away. I found my singing voice back as I enjoyed singing every time there was a song. And afterwords... I felt good, like I had reconnected to an old friend, and like maybe this is what my soul has been missing.

So maybe me trying so hard to find a balance was for not because I wasn't incorporating the right balance of things for my soul. I know I need to eat right, I know I need to exercise, and now I know I need to give thanks for every day god allows me to breathe and enjoy those around me.

Amen!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Yay for you! I know God is happy you are not only reconnecting with old friends but reconnecting with Him. Not preaching just lifting you up!!!

Mindy said...

I think you said it beautifully when you said it's like reconnecting with an old friend. that's EXACTLY how God is! i'm sure he was just thrilled to have you back in his house and praising him again! He loves to hear us sing, pray, call out to him. Sometimes for me when i'm feeling the most down out or even happy about the things in my "world" I know he's just sitting there waiting patiently for me to give him a shout. :0) i wish it wouldn't take so long cause i always feel better in doing so. i often put my relationship with him on the back burner to all the other "stuff" i've got going... often forgettin that it's because of Him that i have all that stuff to begin with. it's also because of Him that i am able to make it through all the extra stuff that i'm going through. Anyway, i'm SO glad that you were able to reconnect and no matter what remember he's not human, he's perfect, so even if it's 20 years He will welcome you home with open arms and a loving embrace!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear! I'm not the type to preach to people about God but I can testify for my own self that having a relationship with Him makes an amazingly GOOD difference in my life! Just knowing that He is there through the good and the bad, to lend an ear whenever you need Him is a wonderful feeling. I think you'll be surprised how much easier weight loss can be too. Praying for strength during tough times will work wonders for you! Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear! I'm not the type to preach to people about God but I can testify for my own self that having a relationship with Him makes an amazingly GOOD difference in my life! Just knowing that He is there through the good and the bad, to lend an ear whenever you need Him is a wonderful feeling. I think you'll be surprised how much easier weight loss can be too. Praying for strength during tough times will work wonders for you! Love ya sis!