2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Monday, July 26, 2010

Admitting the things I can not change but having the courage to change the things I can......

So I'm commenting on others blogs and realizing I keep saying "Take it one day at a time" which is the motto for most addiction programs. I too feel that food is an addiction. The issue is that it's a necessary thing.

Tonight while my hubby is getting his car windshield replaced I'm going to head over to the local farmers market and start renewing my taste realtionship with fruits and veggies. Going to smell and touch and take in the aroma. I need to change how I associate with food. I'm finding lately that it's not that I'm enjoying what I'm eating. It's that I'm eating. Doesn't matter what it is it's just the act of eating is helping my down state. So no longer I say!

I am going to buy good things, prepare a nutritious meal, and feel accomplished. I am also going to take my time to enjoy the meal with out TV and focus on every bite. I'm even going to do what I was told as a kid and count my chews before I swallow.

Food and I need to change our relationship.. and it's got to be me to do so.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha!! I love the renewing your relationship with fruits and veggies!! I need to also!! My SIL's been wanting me to go to the farmers market in our town...I think it's time I go!! Thanks!!!

Moi said...

That is awesome. I find if I don't eat healthy I also don't enjoy what I eat. It may be a mental thing but even junk food tastes better when its an indulgence and not an everyday occurance. Good luck fellow food addict, we can overcome.

Karilynn said...

You Utah people need to check out bountiful baskets... they are fantastic!! It's a food co-op where you get boat loads of awesome fruits and veggies for $15!! http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ AMAZING!!