2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Saturday, September 11, 2010

On having to make a hard decision...

So after another month with negative weight results and negative pregnancy tests, I'm done. I'm done trying to be wonder woman and doing everything at once.

I can't focus all my energy on both things. So I had a long talk with my Husband, who is great, and he just wants me to be happy. He's willing to put the baby makin business on hold while I rediscover myself and focus on my weight loss. I will still be taking the meds to balance out my hormones because that can only help in my weight loss.

Believe me most wouldn't think this is a hard choice but I am a very OCD person and highly believe in multi tasking. I've also wanted a child for a long while and waited till I was 30 to try for one, and have been dealing with a great amount of regret for waiting this long. I don't like failing in fact I am so hard on myself when I do. So this entire year so far I have really punished myself... NO LONGER!

5 comments:

Brandy said...

I know that's a hard decision to make but I do think you are making the right one. I have heard of people in your situation who after losing weight became pregnant. And the constant disappointment and stress you are undergoing can't be easy. I'll keep praying for your success in the weight journey and also for a surprise with the baby end of things!!!

Michelle said...

I agree with Brandy. When you are so focused and stressed about what is happening with things you cannot control the forcing to make it happen does not work. Baby making should be all about the fun of it. And just think if you get into some great health habits you may not gain any weight when you do get prego. which when you are larger is a good thing. I'm still trying to get rid of my baby wieght and it's been 9 years. I know you can get all OCD on what you eat and your protion sizes. You are going to find you like yourself and you don't need to control it all because it will start being easy for you.

Mindy said...

Sammie, you are wonder woman in so many ways! but you know that you can only punish your body for so long befroe something gives. I'm glad to hear you're going to focus on you a while. we'll be cheering you on the whole way!

Moi said...

The best advice to get pregnant is to stop trying so hard. Focus on life and it will come.

Robyn said...

I had problems with pregnancy too! My doctor also told me to lose the weight! Your body also can handle the pregnancy better without all of the extra lbs! It is amazing that extra bodyweight (fat) produces more hormones than your body needs!