2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Friday, July 13, 2012

The Trifecta

Well, I've been debating blogging about this. I do feel however getting it out there in writing makes me more accountable for my actions.

As everyone knows I've been trying to have a baby for 3 years now. It's been a long difficult road.. Well I've been working with a new OB and he's run some follow up tests from last year as a follow up. My family has a history of high BP... well I guess it's finally catching up with me because mine has been on the rise for the last 2 years. So I am now on pregnancy safe (In case I do get pregnant ever) BP meds.

The next issue is I am at the prediabetic level. I had a feeling even cutting out soda and reducing candy wouldn't help since last year... I was really hoping it would. So I'm logging my calories on myfitnesspal app and .com. I'm able to add in columns such as sodium and sugars. Problem now is understanding how much sugars I can have in a day because pretty much per this tracker if I have 2 apples I'm over.

The last serious issue is elevated Cholesterol. Since all meds for this is not pregnancy friendly I have to control this via diet.

Good news is I've been doing Jazzercise 3-4 times a week since March and am feeling so much stronger. I have been logging my meals and such for a week and making myself accountable and have lost 6.5 lbs since last week. That means I'm in the 320's again. Per myfitnesspal if I keep up the path I'm on I should be possibly out of the 300's in mid to late fall... can't wait for that day!

1 comment:

Duane said...

well i know you can do it. Just have to be strong and stay on it.