2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Monday, July 23, 2012

Finding the Key

Well aparently where you least expect it... you find light in the mist of bad news. If you read my last post "The Trifecta" you learned that just 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with high BP, Prediabetes, and elevated Cholesterol.

Since July 5th I have been using myfitnesspal.com to track every calorie I stick in my mouth. There is such a great community on there I encourage everyone now to join and it's free. I've also really re-evaluated how I cook, eat, and live. In making small changes like wheat wraps instead of bread for sandwhiches, Actually eating breakfast EVERY day not just once in a while, taking my meds for high blood pressure, and adding a few esscential supliments to my diet. I have managed to lose 12 lbs in just 2 weeks. This is amazing!

So I am thinking that maybe for years I should have been pushing for the answers I've been desperatly looking for even if they were bad. Because until I know what the issue is I can't do anything that will change my situation.

I look like I'm melting in my clothes that are now too big but I refuse to go shopping until they fall off my butt with out a belt. I will get to where I want to be and maybe just maybe complete my family in the near future... but #1 is me!

2 comments:

jen said...

It's a pain in the ass but amazing what tracking what you eat can teach you. So proud of you Sammie!!

Samantha Thomas said...

Hey Jen! I don't know if you'll see this but I keep trying to comment on your posts but it's not giving me a button to post. Not sure why.