2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Sunday, August 8, 2010

On being broke for a week... but still making good choices

So as what always happens... events come up that you need to buy gifts for. Computer needed a new Hard Drive. The thunder storms took out my wireless router... what else... hahahah

So needless to say until next pay day I barely have a dime to my name. I did however manage to look in my cupboards/fridge and realize I have been buying a lot of great foods and you know what... we'll be ok!

I have 3 bunches of broccoli, celery, salad, spinach, carrots, apples, oranges, grapes, etc. etc. So when my hubby was a little worried I reassured him that all I have to do is cook a little extra for dinners and we'll have left overs for lunches and we'll survive. It's sad that cooking at home is considered surviving. Wow in typing this I think this is a mind set I need to change. Eating out because there's no food in the house should be considered "Surviving" not the other way around.

Kari! I accept your challenge this week!

2 comments:

Moi said...

It is funny that when you can absolutely make wonderful meals with what you have and can't affort to eat out is when you want everything you don't have the most.

Sorry to hear that you have money issues. At least you only have to wait a week.

Brandy said...

I feel your pain when it comes to the money issues but that is how we live all the time. It's all good. Besides cooking at home instead of eating out will be healthier and more tasty for you. I love to experiment while cooking!