2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Friday, January 22, 2010

Tomorrow... I turn 30

So this morning a week after my weigh in I now weight 323.8. I notice my weight goes up and down from day to day but the past 3 days it's gone down. I have been focusing mainly on my water intake. So that's a 4.4 lb loss!!!

Today I'm also reflecting on many things. Mostly reflecting on what all happened in my 20's. I remember starting off my 20's as a 160-180 lb girl who had all the dreams in the world and all the time in the world to make them happen. I then met a boy and got married... gained 200 lbs while I was married because I was so depressed and knew 6 months into the marriage that things were not right. Then after 3 years of marriage... 5 years with this person we divorced. I then at the young age of 25 found myself again... the Sammie I had lost. She is a vibrant, independent, outgoing gem! I also found my best friend Jack (married to Mindy... love ya Mindy) who helped me with fitness and nutrition and through that relationship we became best friends. At the same time I met my current Husband and then just last year on July 4th, 2009 married the love of my life.

Now that is a lot of happenings in one decade! But in all that I noticed a pattern. Every time I find a man I gain weight. I think we all do. We get comfortable, Don't go out as much, and forget about ourselves. Now in no way is this ever the guys fault and that took most of my 20's to figure that out. The only one who can change me is me. So I went from 160 to 360 down to 250 with Jacks training and now back up to the 330's. In my head I know what I need to do. I've done it and been successful, but I think this time it's because I'm not just doing it for me on my own. My Husband also gained 80 lbs since we've been together and now I am cooking and prepping for two. He's really supportive which is great. I can't wait until the spring so we can go on some hiking adventures and stop being stuck in doors. But I digress from the original purpose of this blog...

I'm turning 30 tomorrow.

Yes, a big milestone. With it comes many hopes and dreams much like I had in my early 20's.

*I want to become healthier (The RIGHT way that will stick the rest of my life)
*I want to become an example for my family that has struggled with weight (Not just my Husband but also my extended family)
*I want to have a successful pregnancy (Preferably in my early 30's)
*I want to be alive not just go through the motions of day to day life

I feel that all of the above is obtainable as long as "I" am willing to work on it. Thank you all for your support! Now lets be gone with my past and be excited about my future!

6 comments:

Karilynn said...

Goodbye 20's! Hello to a healthier, happier decade! Your goals truly ARE attainable!! And there is nothing more motivating than KNOWING that you are the only one standing in your way. Move over old unhealthy habbits and bring in the ones that make life worth living! :o)

Karen said...

Wow your story sounds almost exactly like mine... even down to getting married again on July 4th! (mine was 2008 though :D). Anyway, I can totally relate to the gaining weight whenever I would get into a relationship bit. I think for me I just found that instead of having a lot of "me" time to workout and such, I was now spending all my time with this other person and eating out and all the unhealthy habits that are so easy to pick up.

When I realized I was gaining even more weight in my new marriage I new it had to stop. For once I was with someone that I cared whether he was attracted to me or not. Somebody that made me want to be a better person and who supports me in my healthier goals. It makes such a huge difference. Plus I wanted to be healthier when I turned 30 too! I wish you the best on this new road. I know you'll do great.

Ginny Clark said...

I'm rooting for you Sam... I'm also approaching the weightloss for me in much the same way.
http://ginnysweightloss.blogspot.com/
lets support each other :)

Brandy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it's the best one yet!

Karilynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Mindy said...

Well i hope your birthday was a success. Sorry we missed it! Seems like more often than not we are unable to get with you guys for special occasions. SOrry about that. I'm so excited that you have a 4.4 lb loss!!! It is just a small step but you're moving in the right direction and that's FANTASTIC! I'm glad also to see that you posted pictures. Good for you! I can't wait till next month when you've got some side by sides that show your change. I hated my first pictures and NEVER thought i'd post them and infact didn't untill i had some afters to put next to them so good for you for putting it all out there!
love ya!