2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Low fat Taco Salad

Hello all,

I see that others are posting their healthy versions of their favorite dishes and here is one that my husband and I just came up with.

Low Fat Taco Salad
(Feeds 4)
1lb Ground Turkey (You can choose your fat ratio depending on your diet)
1 packet Taco Seasoning, Lower sodium version
Grated Fiesta or Taco cheese
Tomatoes
Sliced Olives (small can presliced we prefer)
Green Onions
Greener Selection Salad in bag (Your choice we choose darker greens)
Dressing of your choice

You first cook the ground turkey and add seasoning per the packet instructions.
Then while that is simmering you can cut your veggies to preferable sizes.
First place salad on a plate and then layer your other veggies.
Then sprinkle on 1/4 cup of shred cheese. Add on top your seasoned ground turkey.
And then last you drizzle on the dressing of your choice. I prefer low fat zesty Italian and my husband prefers ranch. You can also drizzle on some salsa for more kick if you choose as my husband loves that. You can also take a small handful of Frito's or tortilla chips and crush them on top for a little texture. But only a small handful!

This recipe gets you TONS of yummy veggies and protein. You get very little fat and it's mostly all good fats for you. Try it! You may love it!

1 comment:

Ginny Clark said...

sounds yummy... I have had to slowly switch over to the ground turkey.. the family doesnt like it :) or so they think, I just dont tell them what kind of ground meat it is anymore, and for the last few weeks they havent said anything to me about it. :) man, I'm sneaky.