2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Friday, March 18, 2011

With drawls and the light... I see the light!

Hello all, I'm sure you want an update.

I have been off all sweets, soda, desserts and white bread for over 9 days now. I'm finally thru the with drawl stage... I felt like a complete drug addict. I'm now able to get thru my day with out sugar pick me ups. I feel wonderful. I feel like I'm actually living...

Now if the scale would truly reflect that... I'd be golden.

So last Sunday in 40 mins I went .5 miles farther then I had the previous time trying to walk my own 5K. I didn't make it to the finish line as it was time for family dinner and Duane picked me up on the way... but I was only .5 miles away from my goal! Another 10-15 mins and I would have been there. I was so super excited about it that i let the whole family know.

I will do this. I have a feeling it's going to become a new addiction. How much farther can I go this week? Can I make it to {fill in the blank}? can I make it to {fill in the blank} and back? Am I seeing and feeling results?

All smiles! 5K on March 26th here I come!

4 comments:

Moi said...

That is awesome. When I was training for my half marathon last year I realized it was a progressive process. You can't go from running 1 mile to 13 without logging some serious steps in between. Keep at it. You are rocking it.

Aunt Deb said...

That is awesome sweetie you an do this. Me and Colin joined 24 hour fitness and I have been there every day for a week. I really enjoy the Hustle and Zumba classes. I have 50 pounds that I want to shed and I decided to stay off the computer and get moving. I have a body bugg and it is helpful to see how many calories I burn vs how many I eat. It may seem like a slow process but we CAN do this :) Love you!!!!!

jen said...

Good job Sammie, so proud of you!!

Samantha Thomas said...

I'm kinda bummed. The 5K was cancelled I found out from my sister in law over the weekend. I was soooooo pumped to do it. Well they are talking about just us still going out and walking. Hoping that happens. If it doesn't I will walk a 5 K on Saturday myself