2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Major changes

As most of you know I have been trying to have a baby for almost 4 years now. It's been a very very rough road for my husband and I. Well earlier this year we basically made a pact. We try everything we can and if it doesn't happen by the end of the year then we just move on with our lives. It's hard for some to understand and see at as we are just quitting at that point. After many years of heart ache I want to focus on what I do have and stop living unhappily.

So no, this isn't some major announcement that we are having a kid. This is me pouring my thoughts out... not that hardly anyone will read this. What I have done this year: I started on rounds of provera to jump start regular cycles. I was also put on metformin to help with my insulin levels in my ovaries. In march I took a 50mg round of clomid which with testing proved to not have worked. So this month I took double that. I go in for more blood tests this week to see if I even ovulated which has been my big problem since I don't have regular cycles. Wish me luck there.

So onto my major changes. I have decided to cut out breads. I'm going to try to only do brown rice, maybe tortillas sparingly, yogurt/low fat cheeses, veggies, fruits, and meats (I consider eggs a meat). I may add oatmeal in eventually if I need a filler. I may even introduce more dairy back in but I'm trying to go as low carb as possible. If I get my diet under control then all this working out will prove results. At some point I want to be able to ignore the scale and go by how I look and feel. With Duane's help I have been working on not looking at myself with blinders on. No more camera tricks to hide my double chin. This is me.... I need to love me and work on me.

Next thing I am looking forward to is a breast cancer walk on May 11th. I will probably post some pics after that event.
Thanks for letting me vent about what's been holding me back and actually has made me gain the past few months. I have a feeling my meds have stunted my progress and I need to eat very clean to get where I want to go.

2 comments:

jen said...

I love your plan! Go for broke and if you end up moving on you'll know you gave it your all. Please keep in mind that even though the end of the year sounds like a long time it's only 8 tries and that's if things are great this month. Maybe consider setting a limit after things are in proper woking order. Anyway love the clean eating plan, let me know if there is anything I/we can do to help. ANYTHING :)

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration! Keep on working... I can't wait to see what the year will bring you. ;0)