2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Saturday, January 8, 2011

On being positive about my self image

I know we all do this... we are told as little girls that we will grow up to be sooo beautiful. When we hit Jr. High/High school all of sudden we realize that we may not be as pretty or beautiful as someone else. We also see images of these beautiful airbrushed women every where when we are an adult. So today's topic for me is about getting past everything that has been programmed in me and to just love myself for who I am. I, like many, base my self worth/image off of the outside not whats inside.

I basically spent 2010 being really down on myself. that really did show thru my out word appearance as well. I stopped caring if I wore makeup at all, I stopped caring if my clothes were very "put together"... in fact I think I lived in sweat pants last year.

Well I've decided that if I'm positive rather then negative then my karma meter might kick in this year. I've been trying to put more of an effort in my out word appearance but on top of that I've told myself that I can't state a SINGLE negative comment about my weight or looks. I know it's only been a week but I do feel better and "Lighter" not being so down on myself all the time.

Last night we decided to go out to see my uncles band play with some friends. I got home from work and spent 2 hours getting fully ready. I felt more beautiful then I have I'd say in a year or more. All it took was a little effort and a positive outlook. Here is a pic:


I don't think I have any reason to be negative about that outcome from my efforts!

No comments: