2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Monday, March 26, 2012

My first 5K results



Well I did it! I completed my first 5 K. I did so in 1 hour 1 min and 35.5 seconds.
Let me tell you it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. For one I'm carrying over 200lbs of extra person on me, My left foot and calf went numb half way through and stayed numb until about 5 yards from the finish, I was the 4th last people to finish.... but you know what? I did it, I didn't give up, and I kept telling myself to believe I could finish. Whether it took me 3 hours or 1 damn it I was going to finish what I set out to do. I feel like a different person now. I feel like I want to set more goals to try to accomplish...

First thing is first. Jazzercise, lose weight and set my sites for my next 5 K which is May 12th. I want to be able to not be in pain for days after and want to have that same sense of accomplishment.

If I can do this at 330 lbs... what's your excuse?

1 comment:

jen said...

Congrats Sammie, so proud of you!!