2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Honoring my mom!

I decided that this weeks post would be a reflection on my mother since it's Breast Cancer Month instead of my constant struggle with weight.

My mom got breast cancer at the age of 29 and passed at the age of 32 (May 8th, 1994, Mothers Day). I was 14 yrs old when she passed. For the three years of her battle she showed me how to be a strong independent woman so that I could be there to help my father and brother thru the tough times ahead. My mom also battled weight she would go from being 145 lbs at 5 foot 10 to 180 lbs back down to 145. She yo yo dieted a lot. Part of me wonders if that's what contributed to her cancer.

She was a loving wife, sister, and mother. We used to sing in the car because we so much wanted to be the Judds. She had a laugh and a smile that would wipe what ever was ailing you away. Some say that I look so much like her it's scary. Just wished I would have gotten her 5 foot 10 height hahaha..

She loved both my brother and I very much. She was always really protective but also made us work for what we wanted. I hope to someday instill some of those same lessons in my future children.

If anyone knows me they know that I am a very hard worker and passionate about my job. My mom was very much the same way. I've surpassed her work status by 2 levels and I'm very sure she'd be completely proud of that. She cared deeply about many of her workers and I've taken some of that passion into my own management style. I feel that I'm a pretty good manager to work under.

My mom used to be a big jokester with us. We'd all be laying in our rooms on a hot summer weekend and we could hear my mom laughing and making funny noises from her room to try and get us to laugh. We'd join in of course and then it would become a symphony of sounds and laughter.

So this week I'm dedicating my blog to my mother, my foundation, my rock. May she rest in peace and always live on thru my brother and I. Through our jokes, thoughts, actions, and laughter.

2 comments:

Moi said...

That is beautiful. I am so sorry for you loss.

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully said.:o)