2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week 1

Today I weighed in at 330 lbs. I'm 5 foot 4. After already loosing 6 lbs this week... so a good start. My first goal is to be under 300 lbs by the end of October in time for our Honeymoon trip.

This week I ate:
  • Oatmeal for breakfast (There are some weight management oatmeal's by Quaker)
  • A fruit and reduced fat string cheese for first snack or Frusion (Yogurt smoothie)
  • A peanut butter and Jelly sandwich on wheat with a veggie for lunch (I read that peanut butter and jelly sands or a wheat pasta with meat sauce are great diet power foods for lunches)
  • A fruit and Almonds for second snack (Emerald nuts has 100 calorie almond snack packs and they are a good protein source)
  • For dinner I'll get in 3-4 oz of meat (I prefer Turkey or chicken), a light starch (Rice or light on potatoes), and a lot of veggies (Dark Veggies give you more vitamins so I try broccoli and peas)
  • Last snack: Depends on when I eat dinner. I try not too eat anything 2 hours before I go to bed. If I still need calories and get munchie I will have a high fiber cereal with milk.

As you can see from the above I've put in some notes for others if they want them. I read a lot but I also have a very good friend who is a personal trainer and we've had many discussions on nutrition.

Now I'm posting pictures. I am not proud of what I have let my body become, but I feel that to know where you are going and to stay motivated you need a reminder of where you have been. These are pictures taken today.







5 comments:

Jenn said...

Samantha- way to go! Loosing weight is such a hard thing, but it will totally be worth it. Stick to it.

Ginny Clark said...

WHOOOOO HOOOO on the 6LBS.
ever need a walking partner? I'm there with you.
Congrats on starting this jorney, You can do it!!!!

The Delliskave Family! said...

I have to say I am very impressed...I've been keeping a weight loss blog that my own husband has no idea I have...I don't tell anyone cause I'm so embarassed by how horrible I feel...I'm so glad to see you do it too! And am totally impressed by 6 lbs!! :) I'm doing very low carb and have dropped 21 lbs so far...We can do it! :)

Karen said...

This is a great idea as a way to stay motivated! I think finding what personally motivates you is the hardest step in getting healthy. For me, signing up for a 5k is the only thing that's done it so far and I've tried just about everything. I still suck at running but I've stuck to it for almost 8 weeks now. I'm so jealous of your 6 lbs! That much in one week is awesome! I'm only at 2!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
I am so proud of you, and I am in the same situation hon, I have tried all my adult life as well, after having two kids it is a battle mostly uphill keeping weight off, I do not agree with the part you said everyone says you have a beautiful face and nothing else, I know you sweetie, you are so beautiful inside and out, people can make us feel so bad at times, I have been there and I hate it. But I am on the weight loss challenge as well sweetie, I am not a spring chicken anymore and it's harder the older I get, but for my health the doc said I need to do this but I want to for myself as well. I love you so much and I don't care what anyone says like I mentioned b4 your a beautiful woman all over not just your face. WAY TO GO on the weight loss sweetie, we can all do this together, it will work and it will happen... I love you... Auntie Val..