2014 Goal (100 lb loss)

2014 Goal

Friday, January 17, 2014

Truckin along!

So I am down 6.8lbs so far this year. That's about (17 days / 6.8lbs) .4lbs a day. Not bad for second week of changes. I figure a loss is a loss and as long as I keep losing, I'm better off then before.

Next week is my birthday. I've mentally planned for some things. In the past, I would get three celebrations which would involve heavy foods and cake. This year, I decided not to do a party at home, rather inviting friends to meet us for a movie. Hoping that #1 that eliminates that cake and #2 that I can balance out my days next week to compensate a little popcorn. I also asked my step mom to see if she can make me a glutten free carrot cake (Carrot cake is a tradition for my birthday) and we'd have a chef salad dinner. The last place is my in laws house, but I'm hoping with my mother in laws injuries that I can gently let her off the hook and not have a party there at all. That means going from 3 cakes to 1 healthy alternative cake. I still want to lose and also celebrate my birthday. I'll keep you posted.

I have to say that up until last night, I didn't want any desserts. Last night I caved into Duane and made some choco chip cookies. A small batch. I had 2 cookies too many (3 in total) because my tummy was not liking all that and I felt sick mins after eating it. This I am seeing as a good sign. All of this drinking smoothies and trying to get in more veggies, reducing breads to almost nothing has to be doing something right?

1 comment:

jen said...

Good for you, this is great progress! Feeling sick after eating grains is a sign your body can't handle them. Not to criticize but it's better to eliminate flour than to go gluten free. They add a ton of chemicals and overly process to remove the gluten. If you're interested I have a recipe for an almond flour based all real food carrot cake that's quite yummy. It's been my birthday cake a few times :)

Keep it up girl, so proud of you :)